There is a rising trend of child abuse cases. In order to promote a harmonious and safe environment for children’s development, our Heart to Heart Parent-Child Programme was launched in 2018. This programme focuses on promoting non-violent communication between parents and children, equipping parents with positive parenting practices, and enhancing children’s problem-solving skills.
Since the launch of the programme, we have reached 566 parents and caregivers and 657 children, allowing children to grow up in a safe and caring family setting with harmonious parent-child connections.
Who We Serve
Save the Children Hong Kong works closely with various schools and NGOs to deliver talks and workshops for children and parents.
We currently provide our services in districts where risk factors such as poverty and single-parent households are prevalent, and reported cases of child abuse are high.
Heart to Heart is a programme designed to ensure that children grow up in a safe and nurturing family environment. Our programme focuses on four key objectives:
Happy Childhood, Healthy Child
- Their own strengths and uniqueness
- Understanding emotions and coping strategies
- Potential risks in the community
- Child rights and different forms of violence
- Good touch and bad touch
- Strategies to protect themselves
- Non-violent communication to express emotions and solve problems
Positive Parenting, Loving Family
- Positive parenting practices
- Self-care skills and strategies to cope with emotions and stress
- Child development
- Their own communication patterns
- Non-violent communication with children
- Active listening skills
Communication & Problem Solving with Your Children– video by Save the Children Hong Kong x POPA
Positive Parenting Booklet – Positive Parenting Educational Resources
After attending our Positive Parenting, Loving Family classes, my parenting and self-care skills have been strengthened, and I have learned how to solve problems with non-violent communication.