1. Tell me about Save the Children.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Hong Kong and around the world, we do whatever it takes – every day and in times of crisis – so children can fulfil their rights to a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. With over 100 years of expertise, we are the world’s first and leading independent children’s organisation – transforming lives and the future we share.
Established in 2009, Save the Children Hong Kong is part of the global movement which operates in around 120 countries. We work with children, families, communities and our supporters to deliver lasting change for children in Hong Kong and around the world.
2. What do you do to support children in Hong Kong and abroad?
Save the Children supports vulnerable children around the world. Our international programmes focus on health, education, protection and disaster relief.
Our local programmes are tailored to the unmet needs of vulnerable children in Hong Kong. We work with families and communities to keep children safe, by promoting positive parenting, enhancing parent-child relationships, supporting mental wellbeing of children, and raising awareness of online safety risks.
3. Why should I donate to Save the Children?
Your gift, pooled with other support, will help us deliver critical aid to children and families in Hong Kong and around the world within our programmes and during emergencies. Please visit Local Work and Global Work pages on our website to read more about how your generous contribution funds our work to improve children’s lives in Hong Kong and around the world.
4. How does Save the Children Hong Kong make sure that donations are properly spent?
To ensure every dollar raised is properly used and/or invested to maximise impact, all our operations are bound by cost controls and internal policies, in line with Save the Children’s global procedures.
Out of our total expenses in 2022,
- 81% of our funds go to programmes;
- 16% to fundraising;
- 3% to administration and governance
5. How can I learn more about your funding allocation?
Our financial information can be found in our Annual Report.
6. How do I apply for employment at Save the Children Hong Kong?
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. Please check our Join Our Team page to search for available opportunities and apply online.
7. How can I volunteer to work for Save the Children Hong Kong?
Thanks for your interest in volunteer opportunities. Please complete and submit the Online Volunteer Application Form via our Be Our Volunteers page.
8. How do I make donations to Save the Children Hong Kong?
9. I have an issue with the Web donation I made. What should I do?
You will receive an email confirmation upon completion of your online donation. Please contact us at (852) 3160-8686 or [email protected] if you need further assistance.
10. How do I update my contact or donation information?
11. Can I donate if I live overseas?
Yes. If you live overseas and would like to make a donation, you may consider donating via Visa, Mastercard and American Express. For other methods, Please visit our Donation Methods page for more details.
12. I've received a phone call or email about my donation - is this genuine?
We do sometimes call or send email to our supporters. Please feel free to contact us at (852) 3160-8686 from Monday through Friday, 09:30 to 18:00 or email us at [email protected] to further verify.
13. Will Save the Children Hong Kong issue an official donation receipt?
Yes, donations of HKD100 or above are tax-deductible. For official receipts, please send us back the proof of donation, together with your name via email to [email protected], Whatsapp at (852) 4644-0894 or mail to Save the Children at 8/F Pacific Plaza, 410-418 Des Voeux Road West, Sai Wan, Hong Kong. An annual receipt for monthly donation will be issued every April for tax return.
14. Can I have my donation cancelled?
Monthly giving is critical for us to provide sustainable support to children in need. If you would like to cancel or have any questions on your recurring donation, please email us at [email protected] or call us on (852) 3160-8686.
15. What are the procedures for borrowing donation boxes?
You may send an email to [email protected] by sharing your organisation’s name, the number of donation box(es), placement location(s), contact number and person with us. Subject to availability, we will contact you for the next steps if we’re able to arrange it.